Scope of the Right to Use the International Halal Certification(IHC) Halal Mark/Seal and the Certificate
- International Halal Certification(IHC) is the owner of the Halal Mark/seal. After the issue of the Certificate, the Certification Body gives the Client the right to use the Halal Mark/Seal as shown in para 11 below.
- The right to use the International Halal Certification(IHC) Halal Mark/seal refers exclusively to the Client’s Certified product and the specific scope of the Certification. The use of the logo for any other business unit of the Client’s company or for any other activity is prohibited.
- The International Halal Certification(IHC) Halal Mark/Seal may only be used in the form depicted in Annex 3. The mark/seal must be easily legible and clearly visible. The Client is obliged to submit respective drafts for the planned use of the mark/seal in company‘s correspondence documents, and on the certified produtcs etc. to the Certification Body before using them, in order to be approved.
- The International Halal Certification(IHC) mark/seal may only be used on products or products’ packages or use it with regard to products or production procedures. The right to use the logo is limited to the authorized Client and cannot be assigned to any third party or any legal successor of the Client, without prior consent of the Certification Body. If such an assignment is legitimate, a request shall be submitted. There may be a need for a conduction of a new audit.
- In case of claims against the Certification Body for improper use of the International Halal Certification(IHC) Halal Mark/Seal by the Client, the latter, in accordance with the provisions for the producer’s responsibility, is obliged to relieve the Certification Body of any third party claim. The same applies also in case of claims against the Certification Body by third parties for improper promotional claims made by the Client.
- The Client shall use the International Halal Certification(IHC) Halal Mark/Seal for competition purposes, in such a way, that the reference to the company is within the Certification context. The Client shall make sure not to create the impression that the Certification was granted after an audit by a state or governmental authority.
- The Client has no right to make any changes to the Certificates.
6.Termination of the right to use the
International Halal Certification(IHC) Halal Mark/Seal and the Certificate
- The right of the Client to use the International Halal Certification(IHC) Halal Mark/Seal and to maintain the Certificate shall be terminated immediately, if:
- the Client does not inform the Certification Body for significant changes in the company’s structure or indication of such changes, that have a direct impact on the Certification (e.g. change in legal form, change of company’s headquarters address, or changes in the product raw or packaging material)
- the result of the surveillance audit, according to Clause 4 of this Agreement, does not justify the maintenance of the Certificate any more
- the surveillance audits cannot be carried out for reasons the Certification Body cannot justify
- Bankruptcy proceedings are instituted against the property of the Client or if a bankruptcy petition against the latter is dismissed for lack of assets,
- the Client does not pay the Certification Body’s fee within the prescribed by the Certification Body time limit
- the Certification or the maintenance of the Certificate is prohibited by a state or governmental authority or by a court.
- if the Client uses the International Halal Certification(IHC) Halal Mark/Seal in a way contrary to the specified in Clause 5 (2) to 5 (7) or in a way contrary to the provisions of this Agreement. If the requirements of Clauses 5(2) to (7) and 6 are not satisfied, the Certification Body has the right to withdraw and cancel the Certificate.
In case of termination of the right to use the Certificate, the Client is obliged to return promptly the original of the Certificate to the Certification Body.